U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old male asked:

Hey i have a rash on my leg my dr said it was just heat but it is still there after 8 weeks but he keep saying it is fine do you think i should go and get a second opinion

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
A rash that has not gone away for 8 weeks definitely needs a second opinion. You should see a skin doctor (dermatologist) to get the rash properly diagnosed and treated. The skin doctor will also be able to tell you if what you have now is just scarring from the original rash. Best of luck to you-hope you feel better real soon!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 13, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.