i have opident teeth whitening gel 20% if excess comes out of tray and swallowed or goes on mouth tissue what will happen? dangerous?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Opident: I'm not familiar with 'opident' tooth whitening gel per se. In general, slight oozing of excess tooth whitening gels may irritate the gums somewhat but is not generally a problem. One of the problems with ordering products such as these online is that you may not have someone who you can trust to answer your questions or know about product safety. Bargains always aren't bargains.
Answered on Aug 5, 2013
1
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Can cause burning: 20% bleaching gel can cause burning of you gum tissue if you do not remove the excess around the tray. Not familiar with the brand you are using so i don't know if there is anything else that can cause problems.
Answered on Aug 5, 2013
Dr. Robert Tang
37 years experience General Practice
Safety of whitening: Not dangerous, you should not have a lot of excess either.
Answered on Aug 8, 2013
Dr. Mike Deldar
23 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
No: You will be okay drink lots of water.
Answered on Aug 9, 2013
Dr. Michael Dolby
27 years experience Cosmetic Surgery
You will be fine: After you place your trays, use your finger to wipe out the excess gel and discard. If you happen to swallow a little it won't hurt you. Make sure you are not overfilling your trays, a little goes a long ways.
Answered on Jul 25, 2016
1
1
Dr. Colin Smith
Dr. Colin Smith commented
29 years experience Dentistry
I like to use a tooth brush to wipe the excess away. Short term exposure won't be problem.
Sep 3, 2013