U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

A year ago i twisted my knee playing sport and i think i have torn my meniscus too what extent would i need surgery?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charles Miller
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
Need eval: Torn meniscus issues are commonly associated with degenerative processes within the knee. If you think you tore it, an orthopaedic surgeon will be able to give you the knowledge and options you'll need to decide if you need surgery.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 18, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.