how do you define bone infection?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let explain to you.: Osteomyelitis (osteo- derived from the greek word osteon, meaning bone, myelo- meaning marrow, and -itis meaning inflammation) simply means an infection of the bone or bone marrow.It can be usefully subclassified on the basis of the causative organism (pyogenic bacteria or mycobacteria), the route, duration and anatomic location of the infection. It is the bone you have infection in the tonsiles.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Infections of Bone: The term is osteomyelitis and implies that the organism responsible has gotten into bony tissue beneath the periosteum, which is a thin tissue protective layer on the outside of bone.