WI

I only drink alcohol a few times a year . i drank my usual . this hangover is lasting the whole day . it doesn't last this long . is it normal ?

Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Alcohol intolerance: Some people lack the enzyme aldehyde dehydrense to metabolize alcohol , prevalent in certain asians , which also causes flushing of face , speak to your doctor
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Victor Yang
38 years experience
What is usual: The severity of hangover is usually related to the amount of alcohol consumed. Other factors that can have an influence include body mass, underlying illnesses (esp liver), other medications taken and other substances mixed in with the alcohol. If you are a binge drinker then you may have overly consumed. It is better to moderate your intake.
Last updated Apr 13, 2016