I only drink alcohol a few times a year . i drank my usual . this hangover is lasting the whole day . it doesn't last this long . is it normal ?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Addagada Rao answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Alcohol intolerance: Some people lack the enzyme aldehyde dehydrense to metabolize alcohol , prevalent in certain asians , which also causes flushing of face , speak to your doctor

Answered 8/2/2013

5k views

Dr. Victor Yang answered

Specializes in

What is usual: The severity of hangover is usually related to the amount of alcohol consumed. Other factors that can have an influence include body mass, underlying illnesses (esp liver), other medications taken and other substances mixed in with the alcohol. If you are a binge drinker then you may have overly consumed. It is better to moderate your intake.

Answered 4/13/2016

5k views