U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chicago, IL
A 17-year-old female asked:

I have this skin rash that just spreads out of no where. i starts itching then it turns into a scab like mark. it is not contagious. what is it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Skin Rash: Contact dermatitis is a condition in which the skin becomes red, sore, or inflamed after direct contact with a substance. There are two kinds of contact dermatitis: irritant or allergic. Treatment is with prescription strength cortisone from your local dermatologist. Skin rashes need to be seen for a proper diagnosis.
Last updated Sep 10, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.