A 20-year-old female asked about a male:

My son continues to get what i think are small abscess on his lower abdomen but this time it is bigger & hurts with diarrhea. suggestions ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Shah Chowdhury
Pediatrics 44 years experience
Abscess: It can be one of the worst bacterial infections called mrsa. Your son needs to be seen by his pediatrician who will definitely do a culture to see what kind of infection it is. He might need antibiotics. Diarrhea can be a co-incidence or may be related to the infection. Start giving him pedialyte 4-6 ounces for each diarrhea..... But consult his pediatrician soon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.