U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old male asked:

I get an ulcer inside my mouth, on my tongue and in my throat, from the last 8 years. it occurs often with severe pain. the doctor did all my tests like blood, urine, stool etc., but they all were normal. the doctor couldn't cure it. what should i do?

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kim Capehart
Dentistry 21 years experience
Evaluation Needed: If you have had this for 8 years, then it could be normal for you but you should get a second opinion to find out the diagnosis for your discomfort as it's not likely that it is normal for you.
Dr. Daniel Rubenstein
Dentistry 52 years experience
Ulcer: It is highly unlikely that a lesion that has lasted for 8 years is an ulcer. You should consult on oral surgeon.
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dentistry 25 years experience
Recurrent mouth ulce: Do they heal and they reoccur? If the do more likely they are recurrent mounth ulcers.
Last updated Sep 2, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.