FL

hbp: can a 20mg uncoated/unscored lisinopril extended release tab be evenly divided for am & pm to decrease side effects?

Dr. Ehsan Ansari
Cardiology 30 years experience
No: It is best not to cut it. It is possible that the drug is not evenly distributed. There are 10 mg tab available. Review this with the doctor.
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Side effects : What side effects (s) are your talking about that Lisinopril (l) is causing? If it a cough (c). You should discuss your s with your physician (p). If it's a c, stop the l for two days. If the cough goes away, tell you p to put you on a different BP medication. If the c remains, it is not due to l and could be due to esophageal reflux, among others. Discuss your problem with you p for more advice.