VA
A male asked:

Why would my doctor prescribe me lisinopril for hypertension and anxiety/nervousness if one of the side effects is nervousness/anxiety!!?

Dr. Leonard Stein
Cardiology 48 years experience
ACEI: Miracle BP Pil: Lisinopril is an Ace Inhibitor, most patients love it. It is not for anxiety (unless hypertension brings on anxiety in an individual. It is not the best med for a patient w asthma/copd-smoking, ACEI can exacerbate these). If you dont tolerate Lisinopril there are meds called ARBS, and several of these are generic as well. I do not know much about your history, so I cannot comment further

Last updated Feb 4, 2021