U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

How to increase height by 2_3inches...i regularly do cycling..what other exercise should i do...age 19?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Get bone age study: If your bone age xray shows that your bones are fused, then you're not going to get taller, at least not w/o ilizarov procedure (http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pmc/articles/pmc2266651/). If bones are not fused, then consult pediatric endocrinologist to look for growth hormone deficiency if your height is less than 2%tile (really short, not just a little short). Exercise will not affect height.
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
You are full-grown: Sorry to give you disappointing news, but it is rare for girls to grow after age 16-18, in fact most girls stop growing around age 14. Bone growth is caused by "growth plates" and once the growth plates close (usually 2-3 years after puberty) the bones are unable to grow. Nothing can change this. You need to accept your current height.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 18-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 20-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 16, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.