U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Madison, WV
A 42-year-old female asked:

My cardio said my right side heart is enlarged over blood clots in lungs, legs sends me home 2 cal & get exray. shouldn't i b hospitalized?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ibrahim Moussa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology 20 years experience
It depends: Depending on your symptoms and whether your doctor thinks this an acute event or a chronic event. If you having symptoms of acute (happened suddenly) blood clots in your legs and your lungs, you should be started on blood thinners. Dont't be affraid to ask questions be honest with your dr., ask him/her to explain their thought process.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 7, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.