IN

I have a small lump under my right armpit. its been there for 2 months. it was painful initially, but not anymore. i am a 24 year old male. cancer ?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Not likely: Infection or inflammation of anytime can produce a painful lump. This seems to be the case with your lump under the arm. The fact it is now painless indicates that acute problem has settled down. But watch its size...Which should get smaller and not be increasing at all.If it is increasing in size, then you need to see a doctor for further examination to find out its nature. Cancer is unlikely rig.
Dr. Rajalaxmi Mckenna
56 years experience
See below: Any persistent swelling should be removed and examined pathologically for an answer.
Last updated Aug 30, 2016