What information do i have to bring along to do the laser skin resurfacing?

Dr. Lisa Hogan
General Surgery 37 years experience
Have pre-op consult: You should have a consultation prior to the procedure so your questions are answered & you receive instructions how to prepare for the procedure & what supplies are needed to care for yourself afterward. Your doctor will want to know your medical history including medical problems, prior surgery and allergies, particularly to medications. Because it's often done with sedation bring a driver.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 36 years experience
Yourself : A good history is essential such as your response to suntanning as well as any history of cold sores and current medications which could cause photosensitivty reactions. Your physician will want to know this as a minimum and even more.
Dr. Tami Meraglia
Aesthetic Medicine 30 years experience
Medication: There are some medications and skincare products that can adversely affect the outcome of any laser treatment. As such, you should bring and uptodate list of everything you are taking and your skincare.
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine 29 years experience
Info needed: When getting resurfacing, discuss with your clinician any medical conditions you have, medications you are on (blood thinners especially), metal pieces in your body, low vitamin levels if you know them, how long it takes to heal, and other treatments you have had in the past along with topical creams being used. This helps them better treat you.