U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old member asked:

What do you recommend for cholangitis?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Family Medicine 24 years experience
See specialist--GI: This is not a very common illness, so many docs are not comfortable managing it. Often, a gastroenterologist can help you with this illness. Good luck.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Gastroenterology 44 years experience
What kind?: Cholangitis (bile duct infection) from a gallstone that got stuck along the way is a serious, acute problem. Rx involves antibiotics and removal of the stone (often with a special endoscopy procedure-ercp), and/or surgery. Sclerosing cholangitis is a different thing altogether. Chronic, autoimmune, inflammatory bile duct condition, often assoc with inflam bowel. Difficult issue. See GI specialist.

Related questions

A 25-year-old member asked:
What's a natural way to treat cholangitis?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 25-year-old member asked:
What some of the complications of cholangitis?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 39-year-old member asked:
What are the symptoms of oriental cholangitis?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 28-year-old male asked:
What is the definition or description of: cholangitis?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 51-year-old male asked:
Does Acute Cholangitis cause hepatitis? If it does, is the hepatitis acute or chronic?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jun 10, 2014

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.