what should i do about my sisters overeating?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Nothing: It needs to come from her after explanation.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
Overeating sister: Guide her to get professional help. Be supportive & available for her.
Overeating: I'm not sure of her age. Educate her about over eaters anonymous. It is free & confidential. It is a supportive environment where she can learn more about what motivates her eating. She will also be taught coping skills. Seeing her physician is important if her weight is a concern. Remember that you can love her, support her & express your concern but only she can supply the desire & motivation.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali commented
U can guide her in the right path but u can' t make her take it.
Jul 19, 2013
Dr. Dean Giannone
Counseling.: Truth be told, overeating sometimes hides a primary psychological issue, such as depression. You may want to encourage your sister to seek counseling to elucidate the cause of her overeating. If she's just gluttonous, then emphatically point out the error in her ways and provide her with support and encouragement to change.