how can i know if i am overeating?

Dr. William Holmes
Child Psychiatry 34 years experience
Too Much Weight Gain: In general, people are overeating if they are gaining exessive amounts of weight. If you are taking in more calories than you need, you will gain weight. There are times in our lives when weight gain is important or necessary, such as during development or when needing to store up extra calories for certain purposes. Again, in general it is good for adults to maintain stable, healthy weights.
Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
Overeaters Anonymous: Take the quiz on www.Oa.Org. Acknowledging being out of control can be more effective than trying to control it more. Overeaters anonymous is based on the principles of alcoholics anonymous. There is non-judgmental support in oa for developing a healthy plan of eating (not a "diet"). Anyone w/ a desire to stop compulsive eating is welcome. Check www.Oa.Org for meetings in your area & more info.
Dr. Dean Giannone
You'd know best.: Do you often eat to the point that you're uncomfortably full? Do you continue to eat even though you're satisfied? Do you eat very late at night or get up overnight and eat? Do you wait until you're hungry before eating or do you eat when not really hungry?