should i worry about swelling of 1 ankle & it feeling achy? it's hot where i live. i've been treated for deep vein thrombosis in past with surgery.

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 23 years experience
You might...: Although with the heat, there tends to be some degree of swelling associated with that, your history of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) and 1 sided swelling (particularly if it is the side you had the dvt) is a bit of a concern. If you haven't been followed up with recent doppler (ultrasounds) by your doc, you should consider having it checked.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See a doctor: Your description has concern, you should see a doctor for exam.
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 42 years experience
Dvt: i would recommend evaluation with venous doppler sonogram.the heat issue is not responsible for swelling of one ankle, as that would affect both ankles.