Need help! loved one has an alcohol addiction! what can i do?

Neurology 53 years experience
Communication: First, contact your family doctor, and express your concerns. Second, contact alcoholics anonymous and discuss options. When this is all is place, approach the individual with your concerns, and a plan. All of this can be turned around and stabilized with appropriate team approach.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Loving an alcoholic: I agree with dr. Machanic's suggestions. I would add that alcoholism is not just in the one drinking. It affects loved ones also, and they suffer as well. Please consider attending al-anon, a 12-step group for families and loved ones of alcoholics. It operates like aa for alcoholics, but helps deal with the patterns & pain common in families. Much to be learned here, and much growing too!