U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Toledo, OH
A 34-year-old female asked:

A week ago, my gums behind and in front of my 2 front teeth, swelled up, then became a tough, liquidy blister. what can i do to help heal them?

4 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kayvon Javid
Dentistry 21 years experience
See a dentist. : See your dentist as soon as possible. The longer you wait the more chances you are going to loose your teeth. Abscess is usually a sign of an infected tooth that needs to be treated asap.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 34 years experience
See a dentist: You did not mention if it was the top or bottom? I can hypothesize at least 5 diagnosis's? Without a clinical exam, complete health history, full moth x-rays and a periodontal charting it would only be a guess. To find out for sure, you have to see a dentist.
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Periodontics 43 years experience
Seek care: You need an evaluation with a periodontist to determine what the problem is and what care you need. Don't wait.
Dr. Dave Burns
A Verified Doctoranswered
47 years experience
Gum disease: Seek help by a dentist to determine if your problem is gum related or tooth. If gum thorough cleanings are needed and if tooth then root canal procedure.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 10, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.