I was elbowed in my jaw/cheek last night and now i have 3 tiny red bumps on the left tip of my tongue. is this normal? how do i treat this?

Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dermatology 21 years experience
Possible cold sores : Trauma to the tongue can cause an activation of th hsv1 virus and lead to small vesicles or bumps from cold sores in this area. If this is the cause, it can be treated with oral antiviral medications. See your dentist or dermatologist to evaluate and treat these lesions.
Dr. Dave Burns
Bruise: It is normal to develop bruises after being hit. Within a couple of weeks you will be fine.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016