Brunswick, OH

i had neg- colonoscopy, egd, hida, ct abdomen/pelvis, ruq ultrasound, celiac panel. the small bowel series showed rapid transit. i also had a neg pancreas test. what on earth is causing my weight loss and undigested food/fat in stool?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Malabsorption: It sounds as if you are being seen by a gastroenterologist who has done nearly everything possible to evaluate you. Strongly suggest, since you are in ohio, that you get a second opinion at the cleveland clinic. If you do make an appt, bring all of your prior records. Did you have a small bowel biopsy?
Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Very good GI. Did a rotation there in med school in Gi. Good then, good now!
Jun 21, 2013
Dr. Imran Saeed
Colon and Rectal Surgery 19 years experience
Could you be lactose: Intolerant? You conditions list gastritis but you say your egd was negative? Any biopsies done? Have you tried any proton pump inhibitors? Sometimes increase bile salt loads as well as increase bacterial growth can cause increase sb transit. Have you tried probiotics or bile salts lowering drugs? Discuss theae possibilities with your family physician.