Piscataway, NJ

I am 59 years old. i just had a ultrasound it showed thickened uterus 11mm and fibrous (sp). i have no bleeding no pain. is this cancer?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Your Gynecologist ca: You should seek further help from your gynecologist. The question I have is why you had the ultrasound done in the first place? Thickening of the uterine lining can be benign but it needs to be moitored for further change in next 3 to 6 months. This can be done with a repeat ultrasound. If the thickness increases further, then an endometrial biopsy may provide the answers to the cause.

Last updated Jun 29, 2018