A month ago i fell on my knee, and it swelled just below my knee cap for a month and started to harden. i drained the blood and black chunks came out?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Hematoma: This sounds like a hematoma - essentially there was likely bleeding at the site of your injury, and the blood congealed and took on a dark jelly-like consistency, which would be the black chunks that you saw. You should be fine and i wouldn't anticipate any further problems unless you sustained another injury to the knee at the time of the original incident.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 18, 2013