I bit my lip and now there is a bubble there. what can i do at home to help it go away faster, should i seek medical n, and is it contagious?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brian Affleck answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

Inside your lip, you have a number of little salivary glands. This bubble is one of your glands that is essentially plugged up, which occurred with the accidental bite. It isn't contagious, but try to avoid biting it, which popped it up in the first place. Most of the time, they'll get better by just watching and not messing with them. A minor procedure can be, too, to unroof it.

Answered Apr 3, 2015

5.1k views

Dr. Kari Sakurai answered

Specializes in Dentistry

A dentist or md can help check for a broken blood vessel depending on the severity of the trauma. They can give you the proper advice after seeing the problem.

Answered Oct 5, 2016

4.9k views