FL

I am a 38 yrs old man with two polyps removed from colon ceccum and a few observed in stomach. is this something dangerous for my life?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Potentially Yes: But that depends upon your family history, the nature of the polyps and the frequency with which you will be followed. You need to discuss this with the gastroenterologist who did the endoscopy and ask for a detailed explanation. Make a list of all the questions that occur to you before you and insists on answers you understand. Sometimes we speak doctorese.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
If the polyps were: Benign and not precancerous, no. If you were having symptoms that prompted these studies, i would confer with your GI specialist what further studies should be done.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014