Valley Stream, NY

Im scared: mammo: ill marginated focal asymetry of 3cm, sono: 2 intramammary lymph nodes that grown from1 to 1.5cm in 10 days.what this could be?

Dr. Lori Wagner
Hope, but prepare: I always tell people to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. And we are always concerned about possible cancer. Of course waiting is difficult until there is a more definite answer....I am concerned, as you should be. And you need to make sure and follow-up with this. I imagine you will probably end up with a breast biopsy to try to find out exactly what this is.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 35 years experience
Asymmetry: Can't tell at this point.An asymmetry is not a mass, by definition it doesn't have well defined margins(or else it would be a mass), and it sounds like it wasn't visualized on ultrasound.You may need a biopsy, but it may turn out to be nothing. The lymph nodes may be red herrings. Intramammary lymph nodes are normal findings, and if they actually grew that fast, they are reactive, not malignant.
Last updated Apr 8, 2019