Austin, TX

I drink 1 bottle of red wine / night. i don't get hangovers and i get up @ 5:30/6 am and go to bed @ 10pm. my weight is fine. maybe for me, personally, that's okay?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Lots of alcohol: An entire bottle of wine is not only a lot of alcohol but a fairly substantial sugar and calorie load. If you are otherwise ok, yes it may be personally ok, if you are happy with it, why ask?
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Daily Drinking: You are probably an alcoholic, but without too many negative consequences. I would be very interested to see the liver functions on your blood testing. And, i would like to see how your life is scheduled, how your relationships are; what your level of spirituality is. But, you may be very lucky to not have severe consequences with daily drinking like others do.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Incorrect.: That much wine, every day, will certainly lead to cirrhosis, liver failure and perhaps even liver cancer. Wine does have health benefits, but you have to limit it to just 1.5 glasses daily at the most to get the benefits and minimize the risks.

Last updated Mar 12, 2018