U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Anthony, FL
A 32-year-old female asked:

My mom has ra my ana was high but ra negative. my hips, shins and knees hurt so bad. can i still have ra if my test was negative?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - rheumatology 22 years experience
See below: It is possible to have seronegative RA where you test negative antibodies. However; there 3 antibodes that you can be tested for including rh factor, anti-mcv, and anti-ccp. Consider seeing a rheumatologist for a consultation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.