Pakistan

i had done with my rootcanal of left lower teeth but now having pain in it.what should i do to sooth my tooth ache?

Dr. James Grosleib
Cosmetic Dentistry 14 years experience
Anti-inflamatories: It is normal to have a little discomfort following a root canal. I would recommend advil (ibuprofen). If the pain persists, return back to your dentist.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 36 years experience
Very common: It is quite common for there to be some pain following a root canal. If you were prescribed an antibiotic or other medication you should take it as directed. If you were not given a pain medication you can take 600-800 mg ibuprophen every 6 hours . Ice pack 20 minutes on the. 20 minutes off will help. If you have severe pain or swelling you should call the dentist who did the root canal.
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry 33 years experience
How long ago: If you are having pain something is wrong, unless it was done yesterday. Go back to your provider to find out way you are in pain. It could be infected. It could be an adjacent tooth. It could be a high filling and probably 10 other things. Best to go back to your dentist. In the meantime do not chew or put pressure on that tooth.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016