U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

In 2011 had decay on molar under crown so root canal/crown. now tender submand gland + 4 gum on that side, tooth sore after grinding. whom do i see?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dentistry 39 years experience
Dentist: See your dentist for a comprehensive diagnosis of the area.There may be other problems in the area , other teeth or gums.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Your dentist: The tooth may be re-infected, or you might have periodontal problems, or it may be another tooth. Hard to tell without an examination.
Dr. Richard Stiles
17 years experience
See your dentist.: Visit your dentist. He/she will take an x-ray and let you know the next step, be it something then and there or a visit to the endodontist.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.