A member asked:

Doctors i'm having pain n my neck& my head the lower right side my head hurts like the area closer to my neck what to do scared 4 something serous?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Dave Burns answered

Specializes in

Once you have ruled out medical perpetuating causes ie. Short leg, rotated pelvis, allergies, cancers, metabolic disorders and everything is normal seek out a dentist and have a temporomandibular exam done. Most muscle tension pain in the head and neck are from the lower jaw or mandible being out of proper alignment.

Answered Jun 8, 2013



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Marsha Davis answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Sounds like aisle strain or pull on your neck that is going up into your head. As long as your vision, speech, hearing, thinking , walking and talking are all normal what you have is hurtful but not harmful. If you have any of those harmful signs seek medical care immediately. Otherwise try Ibuprofen or aleve (naproxen) and ice or heat. Watch how you sleep not to crook your neck. Watch phone holding!

Answered Jun 25, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor