A 19-year-old female asked:

Should i have this check by a doctor or a specialist , if so what kind? i have for the past 4 or 5 months have a had a sharp pain in the lower right side of my head towards the base of my neck, immeadiatly followed by dizziness it happens anywhere from 1

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald McCarren
Neurology 38 years experience
Anytime : Anytime a headache is associated with other neurologic symptoms you need to have a neurologic evaluation. Useful information for the neurologist would include prior head trauma with and without loss of consciousness, history of neck injury, family history of migraines or epilepsy, and any other associated symptoms (nausea, light sensitivity, sound sensitivity, confusion, fatigue...). Good luck and well wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 30, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.