Left side neck swollen gland my head hurts by my ear to my tempo only when i turn and look right my doctor gave me antibiatics is this a infection?

Dr. Ryan Phasouk
Swollen gland: Likely what you are describing is something called lymphadenopathy, which is swelling and inflammation of lymph nodes. This can lead to pain and can be aggravated by movement, depending on the location of the swollen lymph node. Generally speaking, most lymphadenopathy is caused by infectious processes. This could be viral or bacterial. If it is bacterial, the antibiotics can help.Try advil (ibuprofen) too.
Dr. Michael Miller
Wound care 37 years experience
Monitoring Centers: Lymphatic system absorbs/carries things too big to go into the arteries/veins like bacteria eaten by white cells and digested food. Lymph nodes "taste" the lymph for anything bad like bacteria/viruses/cancers, etc. When it detects a problem, it alerts the immune system and your body reacts. They enlarge in response to the inflammation they create when they react. They shrink when all is well.
Last updated Mar 5, 2020