Left side neck swollen gland my head hurts by my ear to my tempo only when i turn and look right my doctor gave me antibiatics is this a infection?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Ryan Phasouk answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Likely what you are describing is something called lymphadenopathy, which is swelling and inflammation of lymph nodes. This can lead to pain and can be aggravated by movement, depending on the location of the swollen lymph node. Generally speaking, most lymphadenopathy is caused by infectious processes. This could be viral or bacterial. If it is bacterial, the antibiotics can help.Try advil (ibuprofen) too.

Answered Nov 21, 2017

5.2k views