Canada

While brushing my teeth, i noticed 4 red spots on the roof of my mouth near the back near my throat. what could they be?

Dr. Brett Noorda
Dentistry 26 years experience
Possibilities: Several possible causes include infection (bacterial or viral), cancer, allergies, or injury. It is impossible to know without examining the spots. You need to have a dentist examine the roof of your mouth to determine what the spots are, so see your dentist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. William Jakavick
38 years experience
Spots: Sounds like traumatic areas, many possible causes, how long they been there, .
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Many possibilities &: There is no way to know without actually examining you. It could be something benign and temporary and go away within a few days or something more serious in need of treatment. Merely giving you a list of possibilities isn't very helpful. If you want to know for sure, see your dentist. Regardless, any lesion that remains longer than 2 weeks needs to be diagnosed!
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
Please see a Dentist as soon as possible. If you have an infection in your tooth it can spread and be dangerous to your health and well-being.
Last updated Mar 12, 2021