i have yellow/green stuff in back of throat every morning for the past week. i had dark red spots on roof of mouth. what is it? no insurance! help!

Dr. Benjamin Murcek
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 34 years experience
Neti pot sinus rinse: The mucus you have in the back of your throat is the result of a viral infection. Get a neti pot nasal irrigator at the drug store and use the salt water perperation to rinse your nose 3 times a day. The red spots are the result of the virus and will go away in a few days or so. If not better in 10 days see a doctor.
Dr. Anthony D'Amico
Dentistry 54 years experience
Consult needed: This is hard for people today to believe, but people had dental care before dental insurance existed, and that was not that long ago. Insurance or not you have to see a dentist first, and probably a physician after. Don't worry-obamacare will save us all.