New Hartford, NY

i have over-pronation & use orthotic. told heel counter in shoe should hold foot snugly. foot heel does ride up, how much too much?

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 14 years experience
Shoe designs: It's hard to determine estimates without actual visualization of your foot outside of the shoe and walking (gait and stance). Shoes are typically designed with the "perfect" foot in mind. It's guess that the length of your orthotic may be too long or the original shoe foot liner is still inside (must remove or place on tip of orthotic). Hope this helps.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung commented
Podiatry 14 years experience
Provided original answer
Welcome (saw your thank you note on my profile). If this helped, please let me know if there's anything else to help you with. Also, if you can vote on my profile or follow me, I'd appreciate it. Tahnks!
Jun 4, 2013
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 35 years experience
Shoe counter: It may well be impossible to find an otc shoe that fits that well . If there is a lot of room move to a narrower shoe and remove the inner liner of the shoe as well to allow the orthotic to fit better. You may need some additions to the counter area of the shoe (inside) as well to promote fit. Good luck.

Last updated Sep 9, 2013