Can a plantars wart in the bottom of my footget on the nerve of a toe and make it excruciating to walk?

9 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Wenjay Sung answered

Specializes in Podiatry

No: Plantar warts do not need to get on the "nerve of the toe" to make it excruciating to walk. Plantar warts are painful enough and should be treated with debridement to help relieve pain. There are many advanced treatments for plantar warts if debridement does not help.

Answered 5/31/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Barry Johnson answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Yes it can.: Generally warts are not painful, but on the plantar (bottom) surface of the foot they can be very painful, especially on a weight bearing surface, because the pressure forces the wart to invert and grow up into the foot putting pressure on nerve endings.

Answered 1/24/2015

5.1k views

Dr. Jeffrey Bowman answered

Specializes in

Most often: For a plantar s wart to become extremely painful it has grown deep under a bone so every step it feels like walking on a small rock. Unusual for it to be associated with a nerve.

Answered 6/2/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Coyle Connolly answered

Specializes in Dermatology

Wart : The plantar warts are skin deep only . They may become sensitive due to the many superficial nerves that can be stimulated. A dermatologist often will treat the wart with liquid nitrogen and home therapies.

Answered 6/1/2013

5.1k views

Dr. Libby Putnam answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Probably not. : But warts can be very painful because of callus tissue build up, especially if they're on your heel or under the ball of your foot where you bear most of your weight.

Answered 12/9/2013

5k views