is it possible for a plantar wart be hitting my nerve in my foot?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Highly unlikely: Warts do hurt, so pain can be caused by a wart and if under a weight bearing surface this can be increased.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Yes: It is more likely that the nerve is being hit between the pressure of the bone and the nerve.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 49 years experience
Yes and no: The wart has a blood and nerve supply.Tha is why it is painful.
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry 12 years experience
Probably not. : But they can be very painful because of callus tissue build up, especially if they're on your heel or under the ball of your foot where you bear most of your weight.