U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Silverdale, WA
A 23-year-old female asked:

I hurt my right knee. ankle and foot is swollen and sharp pain in knee, calf, and ankle when i walk. what should i do. i tried ice and heat for 2 days?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 53 years experience
Seek medical help: If pain and swelling not resolving should see an orthopedic or family physician to determine strutural damage such as ligament, meniscus or bone. This usually will require imaging, the tests determined by clinical suspicion of the physician.
Dr. Marshall Solomon
Podiatry 49 years experience
See your Doctor: Knee injuries are painful. See your doctor for examination and appropriate treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.