I have tight pain on my right side of chest when deep breath or cough sneez... pain is going down to my right side of my back and side of body?

Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Costochondritis: Your pain is likely due to inflammation of the rib cage. If it is worse with deep on deep inhalation, this is likely. You can try an antiinflammatory like Motrin or naprosyn (naproxen). It takes a few days to improve. If the pain is exertional or goes down the arm may be a heart issue see your internist if no change in a few days. Good luck!

Last updated Jun 30, 2014