U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

I have tight pain on my right side of chest when deep breath or cough sneez... pain is going down to my right side of my back and side of body?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Costochondritis: Your pain is likely due to inflammation of the rib cage. If it is worse with deep on deep inhalation, this is likely. You can try an antiinflammatory like Motrin or naprosyn (naproxen). It takes a few days to improve. If the pain is exertional or goes down the arm may be a heart issue see your internist if no change in a few days. Good luck!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.