Philippines

i am 26year old male weighing 50kg, am i underweight? if so, what food should i eat in order me to gain additional weight? even in just a week.

Pathology 44 years experience
You decide: If you're not especially tall, your weight matches some of our best sprinters. Your best weight is what looks and feels right to you and lets you take part in the fitness activities that you enjoy and compete successfully. Keep exercising -- resistance and aerobic -- and your body weight will self-adjust to what you want.
Pathology 49 years experience
How tall?: If you are otherwise healthy, being underweight is not a disease. You should take a mixed diet of fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, low fat milk products; avoid saturated fats, no tobacco and no more than one drink a day. Exercising may help in building muscles.
Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
Thoracic Surgery 52 years experience
Unknown BMI: I cannot pass judgement as you do not mention your height. The Body Mass Index (BMI) is calculation based on the height, weight, and waist measurments.