A member asked:

How can i tell if i have skin cancer or am i allergic to something?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Michael Zacharisen answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

See dermatologist: A dermatologist is the best person to see regarding unusual skin findings where there is a concern for skin cancer. Allergies tend to be red and itchy while skin cancer is usually not. Allergic rashes will respond well to treatment for allergies, while skin cancer would not. However, a close look (and sometimes a biopsy) are needed to confirm skin cancer.

Answered 12/28/2016


Dr. Thomas Fiala answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Better have the...: Worrisome area examined by your family doctor.

Answered 9/15/2013



Related Questions

A member asked:

Can you tell me is skin cancer genetic?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

How can you tell the difference between eczema and skin cancer?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers