U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lincoln, NE
A 58-year-old female asked:

Mom losing vision to glaucoma after treatment. will try surgery. dr said daughter may have same control problem but be better meds in future.agree?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mitchell Vogel
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Maybe: If your mom needs glaucoma surgery, it should be performed by a fellowship trained glaucoma specialist. Don't be afraid to get a second opinion, especially if mom is losing vision with treatment. Some types of glaucoma run in families. Talk to your eye surgeon about this. Good luck with mom!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.