ME

What can be done for my low back pain while i wait to see the doctor? the pain is severe and is burning down my leg to my knee? please help

Dr. Christie Lehman
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 17 years experience
Possible disc: If you have a pinched nerve in your back due to a "slipped disc", you may find relief in a position of low pressure on this disc. You may want to try to lie on your back with your legs bent and resting.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 28 years experience
See below: Rest, heat and gentle stretching may help while you wait to be seen.
Dr. Mark Sterling
undefined 31 years experience
Studies show that even with the worst back pain you shouldn't have more than 2 days of bed rest and should try to attend to normal activities. Try some Motrin.
May 20, 2013
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
A few things: If nsaids are not helpful, you've exhausted most otc meds. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is an option, but if that does not help please see your doctor for other options. Also physical therapy can be helpful, otherwise a spine specialist evaluations may be needed.