U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old female asked:

R knee has bulging/torn meniscus history of bursitis now suffering chronic stabbing pain. meniscus or bursitis? can't walk on l leg due to multiple probs

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sean Haslam
- Select Specialities - 15 years experience
Go visit your doctor: Bulging in the knee can arise from either bursitis, or a cyst related to a torn meniscus. Bursitis typically occurs directly over the knee cap (patella). A cyst will typically occur over the inside or outside portion of the knee (in relation to whichever meniscus is torn). In either case your doctor can help you overcome your symptoms, or direct you to another diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 3, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.