Worcester, MA

I think i tore my meniscus six years ago my knee was black and blue swollen and warm to the touch could barely walk on it just recently knelt on it and had a sharp pain go through it.

Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 13 years experience
Needs evaluation: There are many structures that can be torn inside the knee and cause the symptoms you report. A medical evaluation is necessary to determine what is the problem, meniscus is only one possibility.
Dr. Mena Mesiha
Orthopedic Surgery 15 years experience
MRI: A large swollen knee is more likely an acl tear or an injury to the ligaments that stabilize the knee cap. In any case if this is still bothering you after six years you should get an MRI to look for structural damage.

Last updated Dec 2, 2014