U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

I am taking vitamin e for peyronie's disease. should i take other other medicins with it?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Internal Medicine 36 years experience
Vit E: First line of treatment for this condition is vit e. Injecting the tissue has been also tried. As a rule, if there is good penetration, vit e is the treatment of choice. Your urologist can discuss with you other potential treatments if available.
Dr. Andrew McCullough
Urology 44 years experience
Probably: Peyronies disease is not really a "disease" with a clear cause. It is a condition where the penis is bent. The medical treatment is all over the MAP indicating the lack of efficacy. We reserve surgery for more severe cases where the bend of the penis precludes sex. Not all urologists are comfortable with the treatment of peyronies disease. Challenge your md with his true expertise in this area.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 23, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.