Clarksville, TN

i twisted my left ankle three weeks ago. i work outside all day so today right leg hurts and my right hand and wrist are swollen . help !

Dr. Michael Borookhim
Geriatrics 25 years experience
It should have : Improved by now especially if you took advil (ibuprofen) regularly meaning three times a day for a week or two. Also be aware that you should take advil (ibuprofen) with food and water. At this point you should be evaluated and be considered for imaging by your internist to rule out fractures. The swelling of the right hand and wrist if you have not hit that extremity can be from another process.... Good luck.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 14 years experience
Ankle pain: Sorry about your injury. Depending on severity of the injury, the pain and swelling can last a while longer especially without proper rest, stability, and treatment. Advil (ibuprofen) is an appropriate NSAID option but if the pain is getting worse, please see your physician. You may have a more severe injury and require imaging (x-rays) and further treatment.