Afghanistan

I have varicose vein in my left leg but no pain etc.plus, i usually have pain in the tips of my ribs specially when bend a little while sitting. ?

Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 31 years experience
Not serious: Asymptomatic varicose veins are not dangerous and do not require treatment. The rib pain sounds like a musculoskeletal cause, but if it is persistent or progressive, you may need a physical exam or even ct scan to find out for sure. Musculoskeletal causes are generally self limited and not dangerous.
Dr. Gabriel Goren
Well: Many times varicose veins do not hurt at all and size of them is not direct proportional with severity of the pain. The rib pain you describe has no connection to your veins. Check with a doctor. Of course weight control would be indicated and not just for the veins...
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Varicose veins.: The pain in your ribs has no relationship to the leg varicose veins. For the varicose veins you should see a vein specialist and have a venous duplex ultrasound.

Last updated Mar 22, 2019